26 Apr 9 Reasons Microneedling Has ALWAYS Been a Fan Fave
You might remember microneedling being a go-to treatment in the 1990s. That’s when it became a household name, but microneedling as we know it today was actually discovered/invented at the turn of the last century. It has been a staple at RefinedMD for years and is one of the most popular add-ons, but can also work fabulously all by itself. Ready to give microneedling a try?
Here are some of the top reasons so many people love it—and why you will, too:
- It uses your body’s own healing powers. Microneedling works via collagen induction therapy. Simply put, when there are tiny, controlled injuries (via the needles), your body starts producing collagen in that area as part of the healing process. It also rushes blood to this region, which helps with healing. If you’d rather go the all-natural route with your beauty regimen, microneedling is a must.
- It’s fantastic prep for other treatments. Microneedling is so gentle that it can easily be combined with a variety of other treatments. It is especially helpful as a prep for things like a facial because it opens up the skin like nothing else (but don’t worry, those tiny injuries are going to heal very quickly).
- It’s minimally invasive. Microneedling can’t be considered non-invasive because it does involve needles. However, these needles are so small that microneedling feels like exfoliation or microdermabrasion. It is not considered a painful or uncomfortable experience.
- It treats countless skin concerns. Since this is collagen induction therapy, there’s virtually no limit to what microneedling can treat. Scar tissue? Definitely—in fact, it was initially used not as a cosmetic tool but as a means of undoing serious skin damage. Hyperpigmentation? Check. Skin laxity and dullness? Absolutely. Basically, if you have a skin issue, microneedling is probably going to help.
- Microneedling works on everyone. Unlike some other treatments, you don’t need to have a particular skin tone or be best suited for microneedling at a certain age. There are very few limitations on microneedling, which means that the vast majority of people can take advantage of its benefits.
- It’s a long game. You’re not going to see results right after your first microneedling experience. You might not see significant improvement a couple of weeks later. Even induced collagen doesn’t last forever and it takes time to develop. If you’re really committed to healthy, youthful skin, it’s best to get microneedling performed every few weeks. This ensures that collagen is constantly being produced. How is this a benefit? It’s simple—microneedling isn’t a one and done treatment, and you’re going to keep seeing improvements when you stick to routine sessions.
- There’s no downtime. Sure, you might look a little pink for a few hours after your session, but nothing more dramatic than if you had spent your lunch hour in the sun. You can also immediately apply topicals (which is why it’s a good idea to get an in-office facial right after microneedling). It’s fine to have a microneedling session at lunch and still be ready for a big event in the evening.
- It’s proven. Like we said, microneedling has been around a long time. This is not a new, untested method for looking your best. The studies behind microneedling are vast and nearly countless. If you want a safe solution that actually works, microneedling is for you.
- It’s affordable. Microneedling is one of the most affordable cosmetic treatments, and a lot more affordable than surgery. You can use it as a pre-juvenation tool to prevent signs of aging or as an active treatment method to reverse signs of aging. Microneedling fits into any budget.
Now it’s your turn to share what’s great about microneedling—but you need to try it yourself first. Connect with RefinedMD today by phone or by completing the online contact form and schedule your appointment.