After decades with Kaiser Permanente, both in esthetic and surgical dermatology, Dr. Steven Swengel established Refined Dermatology in 2012 to provide optimal esthetic outcomes with the latest, safest, most effective technology. Dr. Swengel personally tests, approves, and selects every piece of equipment and product offered at Refined Dermatology. (Which explains why his complexion is so Instagram-worthy).
Dr. Swengel has seen dermatology and esthetics grow into a thriving market with state of the art technology more readily available than ever. The goal at Refined Dermatology is to utilize the latest technology to give patients the skin they deserve. As a highly trained and board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Swengel has committed his career to skin. It’s the body’s largest organ, and is one of the first things people notice about you. Skin care should prioritize both treating skin conditions and also optimizing esthetics, from pigmentation to clarity and texture.
How do you know your skin is beyond good, but refined? Patients remember you in all the right ways. We’re proud that our patients choose to take to third-party sites and social media commenting on our compassion, dedication—and of course their refined look.
Truly beautiful skin doesn’t require an extensive makeup routine. However, nobody should feel like they have to use the latest Snapchat filter to cover up dry, greasy, or acne-prone skin. But if you’re not getting the results you want, it’s time to try something new. Makeup should be an option for fun, not feel like an obligation.
Dr. Swengel’s years of dermatology residency and his training focused on the skin culminated in expertise to which no other specialty can compare. Comprehensive training in an accredited dermatology residency as well as board certification from the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) is what separates the men from boys. In other words, dermatologists have always been the earliest adopters of esthetic medicine and that trend continues at Refined Dermatology today.
Dermalinfusion is our signature esthetic three in one treatment that exfoliates, extracts, and infuses the skin with restorative serums. Plumpness, volume, hydration, and texture are improved with each and every patient. Ideal for dehydrated skin, fine lines and wrinkles, discoloration, acne, acne scarring, and more. See a demonstration and learn more about our 60 and 90-minute treatment options.
Broadband Light (BBL) is essentially a photo facial or IPL to keep your skin young and healthy by removing discoloration. See a demonstration performed by Refined Dermatology today.
Medical grade microneedling is performed at Refined Dermatology to improve the quality of the skin. Often referred to as collagen induction therapy, microneedling enhances skin texture, pigmentation, and scarring. Learn more about microneedling at Refined Dermatology.
Emsella the first device that is specifically designed to treat urinary incontinence for women. Treatment is done by sitting in a specialized chair that stimulates and strengthens the pelvic floor of the body. See a demonstration from our expert, learn more about benefits including incontinence.
Feminine rejuvenation is a general term for any treatment done to improve the appearance and functionality of the vaginal area including urinary incontinence, vaginal laxity, dryness, painful intercourse, and more. We invite you to learn more about Emsella, FemiLift, Ultra Femme 360, and ThermiVa at Refined Dermatology.
1. Patients are our top priority, and are treated with kindness, compassion, and patience. You’re trusting us with your skin, and we take that seriously. Like, we’re even down with meeting your mom.
2. The best, most natural results are our top goal. We keep it real and won’t have you looking like a Real Housewife.
3. Ethics is our BFF. Requesting Angelina Jolie lips may not be possible and, rest assured, we’ll be straight with you. That’s why we don’t recommend anything that won’t benefit you or your skin.
4. You’ll always have access to the latest technology. Technology is always improving, so shouldn’t your skin care follow suit? Plus, we can’t deny that it isn’t a blast to always be the first to get, test, and offer the latest and greatest.
5. Expert care is our foundation. Our knowledgeable leader, Dr. Swengel, has over 30 years of experience in the industry. You’ll look younger, healthier, your skin will glow, and you might get carded more than usual.
Call Refined Dermatology today at (408) 688-2082. From Los Gatos to San Jose, customized and compassionate care is closer than you think.