30 Sep Stay Younger For Longer With RefinedMD
It’s never too late—or early—to start taking better care of your skin. RefinedMD works with clients of all ages, and we love it when preventative treatments help clients avoid those early signs of aging. Even in your early 20s, signs of aging start to crop up. That’s a little too early to start looking like your parents (no matter how much you love them), and the good news is that there are plenty of options to help millennials keep their youthful looks longer.
Getting great skin is a journey that you can start today. Here’s how you can get and keep great skin in your 20s and beyond:
- Sunscreen. Baz Luhrmann was right, everybody is free (to wear sunscreen)—even though mentioning that 1997 is seriously dated. However, for those high school graduates who took the advice to wear sunscreen daily, they’re looking good right now! However, not all sunscreens are equal. It has to have a high concentration of pure micronized zinc to work. Zinc is the only sunscreen ingredient that offers full-spectrum coverage with nanotechnology. It’s clear, elegant, and chemical-free. At RefinedMD, our favorite sunscreens are Elta MD, Epionce, ISDIN, Alastin, and of course our own Refined Line. Want some color? Grab a sunscreen with a tint and skip the tan.
- Exfoliation and antioxidants. When you’re in your 20s, Retinol or Retin A at bedtime should be your go-to routine. Our favorite lines are Restorsea, Revision, Refined Triple Antioxidant, Epionce, and Sente. You’ll find medical-grade ingredients in all of these products that help tackle your unique needs. Choosing the right one is a breeze with a skin consultation. However, remember that these consultations are only available at your dermatologist. Ulta, Sephora, and Nordstrom might have your favorite cosmetics, but steer clear of their “Retinol” products. You can only get these at a clinic.
- Neurotoxins like Botox. The very first place you’ll probably notice wrinkles is in the glabellar area between the brows. Some call them “angry elevens” or frown lines. We use these muscles a lot for squinting or frowning, which can lead to a permanent fold that gets more obvious as we age. However, if those muscles are forced to stay relaxed with a neurotoxin, you can erase these lines and even train the muscles to take it easy. Everyone knows Botox, but we have a suite of additional options like Jeuveau, Dysport, and Xeomin. All of them work, and everyone has their preference—try them all out and find yours! In a few years, you’ll probably want to start addressing crow’s feet and forehead lines, but in your 20s the glabellar lines are where you’ll start. Why not find the neurotoxin you love now?
- Lips, lips, and more lips! More pucker in your pout is a trend that’s here to stay. We love making lips even lusher and more defined, always steering clear of the overinflated category. RefinedMD will help you find the perfect dermal filler for you, and we prioritize client comfort. Topical numbing ointment and a little ice make this fast procedure virtually painless. Explore your options today like Restylane, Restylane Refyne, Juvaderm Ultra, and Restylane Silk. Enjoy a process that’s fun, fast, and gives you lips you’ll love to show off.
- SilkPeel Dermalinfusions and light chemical peels. Your skin is already young and fresh—keep it that way with these treatments perfect for those in their 20s. It’ll help keep any aging-related pigmentation in check and pores at a small size. Remember: prevention is key.
Your 20s are where you really get to know yourself and love yourself. Make the most of this decade by keeping your skin happy and healthy with the right sunscreen, medical-grade skin care, luscious lips, and a touch of Botox or light treatments to stay feeling and looking your best. Visit RefinedMD today for your consultation.