28 Sep 10 Reasons CoolSculpting Has Been the Go-To Non-Invasive Contouring Treatment Since 2010
Ask anyone to name a non-invasive treatment for contouring and sculpting the body, and CoolSculpting always tops the lists. It’s one of the most popular such treatments at RefinedMD, where we offer a variety of options to help you meet your body and skin care goals. But why is CoolSculpting so, well, cool? Here are a few reasons:
- It was the first. CoolSculpting is the original treatment that many other technologies have tried to mimic or best. It was first FDA-approved for the flanks in 2010, and then went on to receive approval for other areas (and is routinely used off-label to treat just about any part of the body). If it’s not broke, why fix it?
- It works via cryolipolysis. The science behind CoolSculpting lies in the idea that you can literally freeze away fat cells by external exposure to freezing temperatures (which was discovered by accident in the 1970s). Researchers noticed that kids who ate a lot of popsicles had less fat in their face than their peers. CoolSculpting is currently the only FDA-approved method for freezing away fat. Other competing technologies melt away fat.
- You can use it just about anywhere on the body. Although CoolSculpting was first introduced as a method to contour larger areas of the body, the latest innovations have led to accessories that allow your provider to treat areas as small as underneath the chin.
- It’s no needles, no downtime. CoolSculpting is truly non-invasive and pain-free. In fact, it’s so comfortable that most people scroll through their phones during their treatment.
- It’s fast. The appointment, that is. Every site takes about 30 minutes to treat and most people requires 3 – 6 cycles spaced one month apart for the best outcome. However, results are not immediate (and this is true of any body sculpting treatment). You’ll start to see initial results one month after your first cycle but it can take 3 – 6 months after your final cycle for full results. This means that if you start right now, you’ll see some improvement by the end of summer but full results will be in place next summer.
- Frozen fat cells are gone forever. When fat cells “die,” they are gone for good. Those particular fat cells can never grow back. However, keep in mind that CoolSculpting is not an alternative to a healthy diet and routine exercise. Should weight gain occur, nearby fat cells can grow and move into the area previously occupied by the CoolSculpted cells.
- Spot reduction is possible. If your trainer has told you that you can’t spot reduce, that’s true only when considering diet and workouts. CoolSculpting lets you target problem areas that won’t budge no matter what you’ve tried. This allows for a total customization of your aesthetic, giving you control and letting you take charge.
- You can always get more CoolSculpting. Even though the initial recommended number of cycles is usually 3 – 6, things change. In a few years you might notice that age, genetics, and sheer bad luck has led to a different site needing CoolSculpting. That’s completely fine and you’re never “tapped out” of CoolSculpting. As we age and change, so do our bodies—but CoolSculpting ensures that we can stay on top of how we look and feel.
- It works well with other treatments. Combine CoolSculpting with Emsculpt to both freeze away fat and build muscle. Add on laser skin rejuvenation so you’re both contouring your body and improving the quality and appearance of your skin. There are countless combinations when it comes to non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments. A consultation can help you determine which procedure(s) are right for you.
- It’s discreet. CoolSculpting appointments are fast, there’s no downtime, and nobody can “tell” that you’ve had anything done. Many people are becoming more transparent about their treatments, and CoolSculpting is very Instagrammable. However, if you’d like to keep your body contouring tricks a secret, CoolSculpting makes it easy to do so.
These are just a few of the reasons CoolSculpting remains one of the most-requested procedures in our clinic and around the world. It’s suitable for men and women of all ages and comes with very few contraindications. To find out more, schedule your consult or appointment at RefinedMD by calling the office or completing the online contact form.