10 Oct What Really Happens During and After Ultherapy
Results from Ultherapy are so dramatic that it’s been dubbed the facelift alternative—and requires no incisions and minimal downtime. Available at RefinedMD, Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to stimulate collagen production deep below the skin’s surface. Simultaneously, ultrasound imaging (identical to what is used by an OBGYN) allows your provider to see exactly which tissues are receiving the energy for a customized experience and maximum results. However, there are some things you need to know before scheduling your Ultherapy consultation.
- In severe cases of skin laxity, a facelift might be a better option. Ultherapy is popular because it’s quick (most appointments take 60 – 90 minutes) and non-invasive. Those in their 30s are typically great candidates for Ultherapy, as are many in their 40s. However, the 40s and above are where you might be on the fence between being better suited for Ultherapy, a mini lift, or a facelift.
- Results last for around two years on average. A facelift can last 10+ years, so if you’re looking for the longest-lasting results, surgery is for you. However, if you’re all about no downtime, no general anesthesia, and no incisions, Ultherapy is the winning ticket.
- Discomfort varies person to person. Everyone’s pain tolerance is different and getting Ultherapy is a unique kind of sensation. Typically, clients are recommended to take a painkiller beforehand (or your doctor may prescribe a painkiller like Vicodin). A numbing cream is also used. The most uncomfortable areas are usually the jawline and neck.
- Ultherapy was designed as a facelift alternative to treat the lower half of the face and neck, but may be suitable for other areas. “Off-label uses” for a myriad of treatments are common, and your provider might be able to apply Ultherapy to other areas such as the stomach or flanks. This can be discussed during your consultation.
- Numbness and tinging are common yet temporary side effects. Don’t panic if a treated area feels numb afterward. This can persist anywhere from 1 – 8 weeks on average but should not interfere with your daily life. When this occurs, a nerve being temporarily pinched during the treatment is the reason and needs time to repair itself. The area will simply feel numb, but you will be able to move it like normal.
- Most clients do not experience redness. Most of the time you will look just like you did before treatment.
- You need patience for Ultherapy. Any form of collagen induction therapy is not immediate—so if immediate gratification is what you want, you’re likely a better candidate for surgery. It is critical to take before photos and photos every month after your treatment. Full results are usually seen in 4 – 6 months.
- Celebrities love Ultherapy. There are some celebs who openly credit Ultherapy for their youthful appearance, such as Jennifer Anniston. These celebs, just like you, want to age gracefully and avoid surgery whenever possible. Given how quick and easy Ultherapy is, it’s a lunchtime appointment that fits into even the busiest schedules.
- Several passes are needed during your appointment. Ultherapy is measured in “lines,” and usually thousands of lines (similar to passes) are performed during an appointment.
- Only one session is needed for optimal results in most cases. Unlike other procedures, such as laser skin rejuvenation, Ultherapy is a one and done treatment that lasts for many years. This is another huge attraction for those with busy lives who don’t want to maintain a monthly regimen.
- The cost is much lower than that of a facelift. If the cost of Ultherapy gives you pause, keep in mind that it truly provides a similar outcome as a facelift or mini lift if you just give it six months. When compared to a facelift price tag, it’s quite a deal.
- Ultherapy can be used on men and women with any skin color or tone. Unlike some lasers, melanin (or lack thereof) does not impact Ultherapy treatment or results.
Are you ready to learn more about Ultherapy and see if it’s right for you? It can also be combined with other treatments such as a chemical peel or laser treatment to amp up the results. A consultation is recommended before undergoing this procedure. Get in touch with RefinedMD today to schedule your consult by simply completing the online contact form or give us a call.